(1) “THINK: IF I feel negative emotions when I face the task at hand, THEN I will stay put and not stop, put off a task, or run away.” ;
(2) “IF I say to myself things like “I’ll feel more like doing this later” or “I don’t feel like doing this now,” THEN I will just get started on some aspect of the task.”
This is a free book by Timo Kiander. Below are the main points.
- Let mindset grow.
- Physically exercise regularly.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Sleep well:
- First find out how much sleep is needed by wake up without alarm
- Powerful start of the day
- Get up early (and get to bed earlier), and spend the morning time to reach goals
- Optimize working rhythm
- e.g. work 25 min & rest 5 min; or work 90 min & rest 20 min; or work 52 min & rest 17 min.
- Avoid distractions
- Set up 2~3 time windows to handle emails and other communications; go to office early (because it is quiet);
- Write down ideas and thoughts on a paper for later review
- Plan the day in advance
- Write down 3 important tasks (and some lower-priority tasks); do not add new tasks