HomePod is amazing in sound quality (except its soundstage), but Siri is unable to understand long titles of classical albums (e.g. “Bach: Brandenburg Concertos – Orchestral Suites – Violin Concertos”). My current solution is: in iTunes on Mac, Airplay the album to Homepod. The good news is, when I use Siri to adjust the volume of HomePod, the iTunes’ volume level also changes (, while the sound from other apps on my Mac can output to other devices).
Update on Apr 20: On iOS, the “Music” app can also show what is being played and select albums for HomePod.
If you have other solutions, please kindly let me know. Thanks.
After getting problems when port-in to Verizon, I called number of Verizon Wireless Port Center: (888) 844-7095. They are more helpful than normal customer service representatives. Cheers.
When login to the D-link camera (e.g. DSC-936L) by local web interface, the default username is “admin”, and the password is the one you set up using the app “mydlink lite” (when hinted to set up a password for this camera), not blank.
(1) “THINK: IF I feel negative emotions when I face the task at hand, THEN I will stay put and not stop, put off a task, or run away.” ;
(2) “IF I say to myself things like “I’ll feel more like doing this later” or “I don’t feel like doing this now,” THEN I will just get started on some aspect of the task.”
I upgraded my TS140 with new motherboard (B250), CPU (i7-7700K), power supply, and cooler. Here are some notes:
1. Standard MicroATX MB can be installed perfectly.
2. To conveniently connect SATA cables, it’s better to choose a MB with upward (instead of sideward) SATA connectors.
3. To connect the power front panel on TS140, refer to:
(1) the pins for TS140: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/ThinkCentre-front-panel-connector-power-audio-and-USB-pinouts/td-p/190651
(2) the system panel connector (F_PANEL) on your new MB.
4. If using tower cooler, be careful of the total height. I use one with 125mm height.
This is a free book by Timo Kiander. Below are the main points.
- Let mindset grow.
- Physically exercise regularly.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Sleep well:
- First find out how much sleep is needed by wake up without alarm
- Powerful start of the day
- Get up early (and get to bed earlier), and spend the morning time to reach goals
- Optimize working rhythm
- e.g. work 25 min & rest 5 min; or work 90 min & rest 20 min; or work 52 min & rest 17 min.
- Avoid distractions
- Set up 2~3 time windows to handle emails and other communications; go to office early (because it is quiet);
- Write down ideas and thoughts on a paper for later review
- Plan the day in advance
- Write down 3 important tasks (and some lower-priority tasks); do not add new tasks
In QuickTime Player, Edit -> Flip Vertical.
Install VLC, “File” -> “Convert & Stream” -> “Open media” -> “Choose Profile” (e.g. “Audio – MP3”) -> “Save as File”.